Friday, November 16, 2007

It's been too long

I finally feel like myself again after what was a hectic but wonderful year. I am now a "Mrs." and am ready to get back to the things that make me happy, one of which is blogging. The whole wedding process is a beast! For anyone who has planned their own wedding, I salute you. I feel hardened now that I have gone through it. One of the best decisions I made (in addition to marrying my husband of course) was to take on several handmade craft projects for the big day like my cake topper, table squares, votive holders, card box, and seating cards. I spent many long nights with scissors and glue in hand practically in tears, but in the end, it was well worth the effort because my wedding was so personal and so "me." Here are a few of the things I made for my wedding. Thanks for allowing me to share!

Handmade wedding cake topper - I purchased a round foam form from an art supply store and covered it with vintage black ribbon and vintage sheet music.
Man and wife from zipper gifts

Photo by Angelica Glass

I decorated 200 votive holders with Stella Bugbee's black lace tape.
Photo by Angelica Glass

I made damask table squares for each table - fabric from tonic living.
Photo by Angelica Glass


I made the seating cards using a vintage rubber stamp I purchased on Ebay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home