Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Prints Gone Wild

Fortune shined on me Saturday, November 10th, when Cannonball Press presented "Prints Gone Wild," just a hop, skip and a jump away from my front doorstep in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Some of the country's best graphic artists and letterpress print studios arrived at the Supreme Trading Gallery on N. 8th Street to showcase their finest work. Oh, and it was fine my friend.

As my sister and I strolled through the gallery of Supreme Trading, I was dazzled by the black and white letterpress music posters, woodcuts, silkscreened prints, and hand-illustrated journals, calendars, and note cards. It took everything in my power not to break out my credit card and start buying early Christmas presents for every friend, family member and co-worker.

One of my favorites from the show included the work Yee Haw Industrial Letterpress and Design Co. in Knoxville, TN. Their one-of-a-kind journals would get anyone's creative juices flowing. And their letterpress note card sets, especially their "Flowering Trees of Appalachia," are so incredibly beautiful.



My other favorite at the show was another Tennessee native - Bryce McCloud from Isle of Printing. Bryce's Nashville roots definitely came through in his work. He had some of the coolest old-timey looking prints I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home